Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1, 2010

Today Random House called to ask me to collect my best posts into a book to be called "The Third New York." Also, The New York Times plans to run a piece about the book on the front page of their book review.

Wagner College has named me Professor of the Year. I will receive a $25,000 stipend and must promise to stay away from Wagner for the next six months to work on a new book. I have a choice to spent this six-month period in either Paris or Rome all expenses paid.

Philip Roth has not only dropped his lawsuit against me; he has asked me to accept a lifetime pass to Lincoln Center which was given to him when he won the Pulitzer Prize for his book "American Pastoral." This pass entitles me to excellent seats at any Lincoln Center concert at any time completely free of charge.

An older man whom I befriended on the subway recently died. It turns out he was very rich and has generously left me his 3-bedroom apartment located on Central Park West and 72nd Street. It has recently been renovated and includes a state of the art screening room. Karen and I move in at the end of June.

Happy April Fools' Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment